I can remember most of the plot for this fic, and I would've sworn I had it saved, but I just cannot find it anywhere. The story started not long after CA:TFA. Peggy and, I think, Howard find the Winter Soldier. They manage to get through to Bucky, but due to some chip in his brain, a kill switch maybe, they can't fully free him. Because Steve is "dead" by now, Bucky agrees to go back to the Red Room as their double agent. Peggy has a code phrase, something like "come in from the cold", that triggers Bucky's personality. Over the next few years they'd meet up and she'd debrief Bucky on the Winter Soldier's missions. He also developed a friendship with Erik Lehnsherr because he could fix the arm. Later, he's introduced to Peggy's protege Marcus, the future Nick Fury. At one point, the Winter Soldier is on a mission with Black Widow and she accidentally triggers Bucky awakening, but Coulson shows up to debrief him. She uses the phrase again later when she's escaping the Red Room. Then during present day, Loki for some reason removes the chip in his brain, allowing Bucky to stop being the Winter Soldier. He visits Erik to find out what all has happened.
I've been looking for this fic for a while, and no matter what variation of search terms I use, nothing pops up. Hopefully someone here recognizes it because it was such a great story, and I would love to read it again. Thanks!
Also looking for any recs in which Loki is just living as a regular person on Midgard whether or not he's a supervillian in his free time, like Mischief, Lies, and Other Hazards of Parenting by artyartie.
I've just finished reading Breaking (Saving) You by Rainne on AO3, and I NEED MOOOORRRREEEEE like breathing!
So basically, give me all your assassin, HYDRA, RedRoom, Dark Darcy fics!
Fluffy assassin? Gimme!
Dark normal Darcy? Gimme!
Any fic you know that has any theme like it I want SO BAD!
I believe it was a WIP but I am not sure
No, it's not the Undercover Boogie, though I have read that, and it was pretty good.
Also, if anyone knows what I'm talking about here: I'm pretty sure it was a huge fic rec, and the url or title was something like "thehawkisinhisnest".
If anyone knows either of those, it would be greatly appreciated!
Tony manages to put a bug on Loki and he ends up with a camera in Loki's lair (or appartment). He keeps his spying a secret and is amused to find out that Loki unwinds from his long days of villiany by having sex with his clones. Then one day Loki loses a battle really bad and he comes home and has his clone kick the shit out of him as punishment, stopping just short of getting killed.
I'm looking for a specific fic where Cap and Hawkeye are on a mission where their helicopter/plane crashes and Cap is captured. The fic switched perspectives then from the Avengers trying to figure out how to infiltrate the compound to get Cap out, and Cap's time as a prisoner. Specific things I remember:
- Cap tries to escape and is locked in a freezer as punishment.
- There's an auction to bid on Captain America, which the Avengers infiltrate.
- Bruce and Natasha go undercover (Bruce as a bidder), with his interest made credible because of his experience with the Super Soldier serum.
- I believe it was posted on ff.net.
So recs, plz :)) Thanks in advance.
I am looking for a Coulson/Barton fic, and a Steve/Tony Fic.
1. Coulson visits his family (for holiday? not sure) and brings Barton with clint. Coulson is embarrassed about his childhood room with captain america all over. Then they have family dinner, all other Coulsons teasing Coulson for having so petty desk job while all other his brothers have nice job. And then at the end Captain America and Iron man come to Coulsons' door and ask for Coulson to control the situation. All other family members at last see how cool coulson is, and I remember the last line is "Uncle Phil is an avenger!!" or something like that. I loved how Clint and Steve and Tony act to show the family how improtant person Coulson is.
2. Pretty sure this one was WIP. I only remember few scenes. Tony is a highschool teacher, now left Start industries. Pepper is working at the school too, just not as a teacher. Natasha and Barton has gone undercover to that school as teachers also, and they becomes friends, Tony and Natasha and Barton.Then Steve comes in as art teacher (also undercover?) and they all have launch together...I think there was all of them going out for a drink one friday night, and they sharing a car.... car pool? Does any one know this fic? I think I found it while I was looking for identity porn kind if fics but cannot find it again no matter how much I look up and down my bookmarks...I really want to read this again.
Please please please?
1. All of the Mutant!Tony stories you can find. I will probably have read them already, but it's nice to have them at your disposal.
Since I can't HTML for the life of me...
2. Any post-IM3 where Tony has Extremis and the rest of the team finds out. Or something.
3. I'm pretty sure there was a fic I read awhile back that I loved. It had Bruce, Tony, and Clint being best buds and super protective of each other. It was awesome. I'm pretty sure there was a scene that had Bruce and Clint defending Tony from Fury, but that might be my imagination. Very vague, I know, but anything that fits this description will work.
4. Tony being protective of the team in public. I need it. I love that stuff.
5. The team being protective of Tony. Like, explicitly. The main focus. I don't care who they're protecting him from, just... Protection.
As you can see, I am a huge fan of Tony. Like, HUGE. I hope you can help me with this! Thanks in advance,
Okay, well I hope you guys can help me: I'm looking for fics which are mostly Tony-centric, with him being majorly underestimated... Like, he is secretly kick-ass, but people don't know/realize because they can't get past arragant exteria...
I would also like Tony with powers, or awesome abilities of some sort... maybe Extremis!Tony, Mutant!Tony, Assassin!Tony, Hacker!Tony, Doctor!Tony... Basically anything like that!! I have to say I do like angst, but I don't mind either way.
I know this all sounds super vague, but it would be awesome if any of you guys could help me out!
I don't mind gen or het but I do lean more towards slash... ;)
Okay, late edit but I literally just figured out how to!! Many MANY thanks for all the incredibly awesome responses, I am still feeling slightly overwhelmed by the sheer awesomeness of it all, you guys rock!!
More fic recs are still forever welcomed, and I'm changing my search criteria to be a little more specific, to non-human!Tony or at least complete BAMF!Tony!! ;) Many thanks all you awesome people; much love!
1) Could anyone point me toward fics that either mention or focus on;
a) People noticing that Steve is the same Captain America from the 1940's;
b) People wondering if now!Captain America is the same as 1940's!Captain America;
c) People's perspectives on Steve as he re-integrates into normal life as a 'normal guy' (whether in school or his neighborhood);
d) General consequences of Steve's cowl coming off in the fight;
e) Any general in-fic media/public opinion discussion on Steve, Cap, and/or the Avengers - OCs and outside POVs welcome!
2) There are some wonderful Clint-Barton-is-everyone-Renner-has-
I know there's a lot of good bodyswap fic out there (mass bodyswap fic included!). Right now though, I'm looking particularly for fic where Loki unintentionally gets switched with one of the Avengers. No one else knows and for some reason both parties don't tell anyone. I'm basically looking for that old trope where bodyswap + 'secretly trying to pretend to be each other while figuring out a way to get back to normal' leads to both characters finding out more about each other, understanding each other to a greater extent, possibly leading to friendship, romance, whichever. I'm not picky. Anyone?
In this fandom, I see lots of fic where Pepper and Natasha are friends—even if it's only mentioned briefly—or Tony is “afraid” of Natasha in a playful, friendly way. I haven't been able to find a lot of fics that deal with them feeling any real fear or anger towards Natasha because what she did in Iron Man II (probably because Natasha is so awesome that we all love her). However, I'd love to be recced some! Because really:
- She insinuated herself in their lives under false pretense
- Lied about her intentions and person
- To steal information on the Iron Man/Tony
- And stabbed Tony in the neck with a needle (even though it was for his own good!)
- All about five minutes after Obadiah happened.
I think there would be some anger there, and I would LOVE to read it.
I'm always amazed at this comm and how you respond perfectly! So I've come to you looking for something else.
I'm looking for a different sort of reveal fic. Not the inter-avengers reveal, because I think that one's pretty much taken for granted anyway. I'm talking about outside the Avengers. And not just the general public. Like, families.
I read this epic series in which Darcy Lewis has a family and none of them know what she does, until they do, and it is EPIC. (Basic Bitches by twistedingenue).
I'm looking for things like that. Where people who still have links to the outside world (of sanity), like Phil, or Darcy, or Jane, or even Hill, have reveals to their family that actually, they work with SHIELD and their basassery is shown and stuff. I don't even care if it's OC or what. I'm happy with any pairing, any rating, any central character. All is good.
I hope there's something out there!
Thanks in advance!
Someone help please! I so want to read this one again since I forgot to bookmark it. Also anthing along those lines would be awesome. Would love to see one were Clint was forced to work for the council.
All I know is that in the fic Tony has to go undercover for some reason, so he shaves off his beard and puts on an English accent. Unfortunately, that's all the detail I have.
Thank you all for your help! Fic-finder comms are the best.
Update: Found! Link in comments below. Thanks again.
I'm pretty sure it was posted on AO3, or at least one of them!
They both involved the Avengers, so it would post-Avengers, I believe.
The first snippet I remember is Steve eating with Loki in the tower I think, and Loki pushes him part of his plate or something, and Steve mentally comments that it was "behavior that one would see on someone with siblings".